Welcome to Race the Bar!
IAFF Burn Foundation in honor of Captain Will Caviness About Will
Welcome to the 2014 Race the Bar Beer Mile and 5K/8K presented by Jones Racing Company. Let’s be honest everyone like to drink beer and you just so happen to run, so that makes this event perfect for you. Yes, we are promoting a healthy lifestyle (that’s the running part of the event), community involvement (that’s the charity part of the event), and having a good time (that’s the drinking part of the event)!
Taking “Beer Run” to literal extremes since 2012 – we will have live bands and plenty of beer at each event. We will also have a bounce house for the kiddos who would like to watch mom and dad at the event. What could be more fun than 20 kids in a bounce house scream and yelling? – oh, free beer and a live band for mom and dad.
Who: You, your friends, family, co-workers, hard core runners, hard core drinkers, and Jones Racing Company.
What: A super-awesome beer run race in Greensboro. After you run, you get two free beers (21 & up).
- Both events feature a Beer Mile, a 5K and an 8K.
- If you place in the top three in your age group you’ll win a customized Pint glass that grows bigger with each race distance.
- New addition this year to the event is the Beer Mile, yes you heard us right a Beer Mile. This event is for the more competitive drinkers than the runners. 1 Mile of running (most might be walking or stumbling and that’s ok with us) and 4 drinking stations throughout the course (every ¼ mile). There are four drinking stations positioned on the course – you must drink ONE 4oz beer at each drinking station – that equals 16oz total of beer plus one mile of running. Man up to the challenge. Oh yeah, by the way awards will go to the top 3 Male and Female Finishers.
- 5/10 -5K & 8K at Lindley Park Filling Station & Sticks and Stones at the corner of Walker and Elam in Greensboro, featuring beer from Highland Brewery.
- 9/20 -5K & 8K at HAMS in downtown Greensboro, featuring beer from (TBA).
- $20 – Before July 1
- $23 – July 1- July 31
- $27 – August 1- Close of Online Reg
- $30 – Packet Pick Up and Race Day
- $10 – Before July 1
- $13 – July 1- July 31
- $15 – August 1- Close of Online Reg
- $18 – Packet Pick Up and Race Day
- $25 – Before July 1
- $28 – July 1- July 31
- $32 – August 1- Close of Online Reg
- $35 – Packet Pick Up and Race Day
- Friday, September 19 (5:00 PM – 7:00 PM)
@ E3 – Elite Human Performance
809 Green Valley Rd.
Greensboro, NC 27408
- Saturday, September 20 (2:30 PM – 3:45 PM)
@ Ham’s Downtown
324 S Elm St
Greensboro, NC 27401
- 2:30 PM – Race day registration opens
- 3:45 PM – Race day registration closes
- 4:00 PM – 5K/8K Race Start
- 5:00 PM – 5K awards ceremony (will be adjusted based on last finisher’s time)
- 5:15 PM – 8K awards ceremony (will be adjusted based on last finisher’s time)
- 5:30 PM – Beer Mile Race Start
- 6:00 PM – Beer Mile awards ceremony (will be adjusted based on last finisher’s time)
This event will be timed using a bibtag timing chips. The timing chip will be on the back of the run number. This will not need to be turned back in after the race – it is disposable. It will be a chip time start. That means your time will not start until you reach the start timing mat. Make sure your run number is clearly visible in the front of your body. Gun Time is the time the gun/horn started the event. Chip Time is the time your chip crossed the start timing mat. The awards for this event are based on Chip Time.
The 1 Mile Beer Run will not be timed. A clock will be running at the finish.
Awards will be presented to the following categories:
- Top 3 Male/Female
- Top 3 Masters Male/Female
- Top 3 Age Group M/F
Age Groups: 0-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+
Parking is available on downtown streets.
- Custom designed race shirt
- Poly Blend (Vintage Tee)
- All participants will receive a shirt. If you register on site, and we are out of shirts, then we will place an additional order and mail you a shirt
- No shirts for the Beer Mile
- Shirts run true to size